Dr Nazem Akoum (Washington, WA) discusses whether atrial fibrosis and associated atrial cardiopathy may be in the causal pathway of cardioembolic stroke independently of atrial fibrillation. He also sheds light on what further studies are needed in follow-up to these results.
1. What clinical problem does this study aim to address?
2. What was your hypothesis?
3. What was the design of the study?
4. What was observed in these patient groups?
5. What conclusions can be made from this data?
6. How should the results of the study influence practice?
Interviewer: Victoria Perroud
Recording Specialist: Natascha Wienand