Dr Khaldoun Tarakji (Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, US) talks about the performance of first in the world pacemaker to use smart device app for remote monitoring and the future of telemedicine.
The purpose of this field evaluation was to collect and evaluate information related to CareLink transmission compliance as well as patient perceived benefit of BlueSync™ .
1. Do you believe remote monitoring has the capacity to improve patient outcomes?
2. What was the study design, patient population and technology used?
3. What parameters did you use to assess the outcomes of the performance of remote monitoring?
4. What were your findings?
5. What conclusions should be made as a result of this data?
6. What further research is needed?
7. In light of the recent events how do you see the future of telemedicine?
HRS 2020, recorded remotely from Cleveland.
Interviewer: Mirjam Boros
Recording Specialist: Natascha Wienand